MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Southwestern faced two hot offenses and fell 8-3 to #2 Emory and 4-2 to Rhodes Sunday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Game 1
- Rhodes jumped on top early with two run in the first and never lost the lead despite Southwestern outhitting the Lynx.
- Berkeley Bacon continued her hot streak at the plate and drove home a Pirate run in the fourth to bring SU within one.
- A two-run shot in the fifth gave Rhodes a three-run lead, 4-1, late in the contest.
- Southwestern loaded the bases in the seventh with one out but were only able to push one across to fall 4-2.
- Game 2
- Emory scored four runs through the first two innings but Southwestern fought back to pull within one, 4-3, at the end of four.
- Emory pulled away with two runs in the fifth and sixth innings and kept the Pirates off the base paths to secure the win.
Southwestern ends the regular season at 18-22. They enter the SCAC Championship this weekend as the #4 seed and face Centenary in the first round on Friday at noon in San Antonio.