MEMPHIS, Tenn. – Southwestern drilled four home runs against Rhodes Saturday but still came up short for a 7-6 loss Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Back-to-back homeruns by Paige McShan and Amelia Fuchs led to a three-run first to put SU on top 3-0.
- McShan did it again with a two-run shot in the third to put the Pirates up 5-0 in the third.
- Southwestern seemed to have the game in hand but Rhodes began to chip away with one in the third and four in the fifth to pull within one, 6-5.
- Two Lynx runs in the sixth was enough to give Rhodes the lead and the win.
- Amelia Fuchs: 3-4, 1 RBI, 1 run, 1 home run
- Paige McShan: 2-4, 4 RBI, 2 runs, 2 home runs
- Stacy Rosengren: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 run, 1 home run
Southwestern falls to 18-20 on the year and remain in Memphis for a repeat of Saturday, facing Emory and Rhodes on Sunday.