KERRVILLE, Texas – Southwestern took game one with a run-rule but dropped game two in extra innings.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Game 1: SU 8 – SCH 0
- It took a while for Southwestern to get going offensively but their defense was sharp the entire way through, keeping the Mountaineers scoreless in game one.
- Three runs in the fifth inning thanks to RBI singles by Stacy Rosengren, Paige McShan and Berkeley Bacon put the Pirates on top.
- A five-run sixth set up the run rule win as Chandler Smith sat Schreiner down in order in the bottom half of the inning to secure the complete game shutout.
Game 2: SU 6 – SCH 7
- The Pirates continued their strong offensive play early in game two and scored three runs in the first two innings. Schreiner refused to be bested on their home field and evened the score 3-3 at the end of the second.
- Southwestern's bats quieted as the Mountaineers scored three more in the fourth to lead 6-3.
- It wasn't until the seventh that SU scored again as they posted three runs in the nick of time to tie the game in the final inning.
- Schreiner got the game winner in the tenth on an RBI single with the international tiebreaker in place.
- Celeste Silvas: 3-4, 2 runs
- Berkeley Bacon: 2-3, 3 RBIs
- Stacy Rosengren: 2-4, 2 RBIs, 2 runs
- Taylor Curtis: 2-4, 2 RBIs, 1 run
Southwestern moves to 17-17 on the year and 10-12 in the SCAC. They remain in Kerrville to close regular season conference play with a double-header Sunday. The Pirates currently sit in fourth place in the conference.