GEORGETOWN, Texas – Less than 24 hours after traveling to Seguin for a last minute double header the Pirates made the most of their final home game. SU defeated No. 3 Texas Lutheran 7-3 after falling 17-3 in five innings in game one
HOW IT HAPPENED
Game 1: SU 3 – TLU 17 (5)
- Texas Lutheran unloaded for 13 runs in the third inning and easily defeated the Pirates 17-3 in game one.
Game 2: SU 7 – TLU 5
- The Bulldogs continued their hot streak at the outset of game two and posted two runs in the first to take an early lead.
- Southwestern responded with one in the second and third to tie the game 2-2.
- TLU again took the lead in the third, but a 2 RBI triple from Stacy Rosengren gave SU the lead once again in the fourth.
- Back-to-back homers from Paige McShan and Taylor Curtis gave Southwestern an insurmountable lead as the Pirates took the final game of the series 7-5.
- Berkeley Bacon: 2-2, 1 RBI, 1 run
- Marissa Irvin: 2-3
- Taylor Curtis: 1-2, 1 run Taylor Curtis 2
- Karly Putska: 2-3, 1 run
- Taylor Curtis: 2-4, 1 RBI, 2 runs
- Stacy Rosengren: 1-4, 2 RBI
- Paige McShan: 1-4, 2 RBI, 1 run
Southwestern moves to 16-16 on the year and 9-11 in the SCAC while Texas Lutheran goes to 29-2 overall and 15-1 in conference play. The Pirates hit the road to close out conference play with a four-game series at Schreiner beginning Saturday.