SEGUIN, Texas – A crazy weather morning gave was to a flurry of runs but the Pirates were unable to hold off the Bulldogs to drop two SCAC contests.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Game 1: SU 3 – TLU 10
- Southwestern was sharp out of the gate and posted three runs off the bats of Stacy Rosengren and Paige McShan.
- TLU was held quiet in the first but posted six runs in the third to take a commanding lead and added two runs in the third and fifth while holding the Pirates scoreless to take the game 10-3.
Game 2: SU 2 – TLU 10 (5)
- Texas Lutheran picked up where they left off and opened game two with five runs in the first and followed with three in the second and one in the third to lead big early.
- Taylor Carnes' single in the second drove home Berkeley Bacon and Karly Pustka brought home Amelia Fuchs in the fourth to bring SU within seven, 9-2.
- TLU scored the one run they needed in the bottom of the fifth to close the game with a 10-2 run-rule win.
- Stacy Rosengrenmelia_djps">Amelia Fuchs: 1-2, 1 run
- Stacy Rosengren: 2-3
- Karly Pustka: 1-2, 1 RBI
- Taylor Carnes: 1-2, 1 RBI
Southwestern drops to 15-15 on the year and 8-10 in the SCAC while Texas Lutheran improves to 28-1 overall and 13-0 in conference play. The teams will close the series in Georgetown on Saturday beginning at 2 pm with senior day to follow.