IRVING, Texas – Southwestern softball fell on hard time offensively as they dropped three of four against the University of Dallas over the weekend.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Southwestern started well and easily controlled Dallas in game one with a steady stream of runs while holding UD to only one run to win 7-1.
- Dallas led 6-0 heading into the seventh in game two and the Pirates rallied in the seventh but came up short to fall 6-4.
- The Pirates stranded eight runners in the first game on day two. Dallas was held to just four hits but scored the game winning run in the bottom of the seventh to win 1-0.
- In the final game of the series SU jumped out to a 4-0 lead but the Crusaders rallied back to steal the win 5-9.
- Berkeley Bacon: 6-13, 2 doubles
- Taylor Carnes: 5-11, 1 double, 2 RBIs
- Taylor Curtis: 5-13, 1 doubles, 2 RBIs, 1 homerun
Southwestern falls to 15-13 on the year and 8-8 in conference play. They return home to face league-leading Texas Lutheran University for a four-game series beginning at 1 pm on Friday.