GEORGETOWN, Texas – Paced by Chandler Smith's dominating performance on the mound, Southwestern defeated Austin College 8-0 (6) and 13-1 (5) to complete the SCAC sweep Sunday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
GAME 1: SU 8 – AC 0 (5)
- Southwestern logged one in the first inning to take an early lead and posted runs in all but one frame.
- Chandler Smith was nearly untouchable on the mound as she allowed just two baserunners through six innings to earn the shutout victory.
GAME 2: SU 13 – AC 1 (6)
- A scoreless first inning game way to a deluge of runs for Southwestern. The Pirates posted five in the second, three in the third and five again in the fourth.
- Austin College pushed one run across in the third inning but were never able to get anything else going.
- Chandler Smith: complete game shutout win, two hits, 0.00 ERA, 2 strikeouts, 0 walks
- Isabella Robb: 1.40 ERA, complete game win, 3 hits, 1 run, 2 strikeouts, 0 walks
- Berkeley Bacon: 5-5, 1 double, 1 RBI, 2 runs
- Taylor Curtis: 4-6, 1 triple, 2 RBIs, 2 run
- Stacy Rosengren: 5-8, 2 doubles, 5 RBIs, 3 runs
- Celeste Silvas: 5-8, 3 RBI, 5 runs
Southwestern jumps to 14-10 overall and 7-5 in the SCAC while Austin College falls to 13-15 on the year and 3-9 in conference play. Southwestern heads to Irving, Texas on Friday, March 25th to open a four-game series against the University of Dallas beginning at noon.