GEORGETOWN, Texas – Southwestern's bats were hot as they posted 10 hits in game one and 14 in game two to defeat Austin College 4-0, 6-5 on a windy Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Errors in game one cost the 'Roos as Celeste Silvas reached on an error to bring home Berkeley Bacon.
- Marissa Irvin's RBI single in the fourth extended SU's lead and the Pirates notched two in the sixth to take the game 4-0.
- Each team recorded a run in the second but Southwestern got rolling again to score two in the fifth and sixth innings.
- Austin College battled back and tied the game 5-5 with four runs in the seventh.
- Taylor Curtis led off the bottom of the seventh with a triple and Karly Pustka brought her home with a single to right field to win the game.
- Chandler Smith: 2 wins, 0.00 ERA, one complete game, five hits, one walk, three strikeouts
- Marissa Irvin: 5-8, 2 RBIs, 3 runs
- Karly Pustka: 4-7, 1 double, 2 RBI, 2 runs, game-winning single
- Taylor Curtis: 3-7, 1 double, 1 triple, 1 RBI, 1 run
Southwestern improves to 12-10 overall and 5-5 in the SCAC with the wins. They close out the series on Sunday with two games beginning at noon.