GEORGETOWN, Texas – Southwestern stranded 17 runners through two games and split SCAC action against Centenary 2-5, 9-7.
HOW IT HAPPENED
GAME 1: SU 2 – CENT 5
- In game three of the series Centenary jumped out early with a two-run double by Dunn in the top of the first.
- Southwestern posted one in response, but the Ladies again scored two in the second and lead 4-1 through two.
- Two outstanding throws by Taylor Curtis in centerfield kept Centenary from adding runs, but Southwestern was unable to get going offensively.
- Gillet sent one over the right field fence in the seventh to get a little more breathing room for the Ladies.
GAME 2: SU 9 – CENT 7
- A three-run first and two-run second highlighted by two perfectly executed squeeze bunts gave the Pirates a four run lead, 5-1, through two.
- A two-out rally in the fourth allowed Centenary to pull within one, 5-4.
- Bradley's solo homerun to right center tied the game 5-5 in the fifth, but Southwestern didn't let the tie last long as they scored two in the bottom half of the inning to lead 7-5.
- Centenary added one in the sixth but Southwestern doubled the effort to push their lead back to three, 9-6.
- The Pirates closed out the game in the seventh, allowing one run to arrive at the 9-7 final.
- Marissa Irvin: 5-7, 4 runs
- Chandler Smith: 4-5
- Stacy Rosengren: 3-6, 2 runs, 1 RBI
- Amelia Fuchs: 3-7, 2 doubles, 2 runs, 3 RBIs
- Berkeley Bacon: 3 RBIs
Southwestern moves to 10-10 on the year, 3-5 in the SCAC, and remain at home to face Austin College for a four game series beginning with a double header on Saturday at 1 pm.