GEORGETOWN, Texas – Southwestern posted a run-rule victory in game one and edged out the Ladies in game two Saturday, 9-1, 4-3.
HOW IT HAPPENED
GAME 1: SU 9 – CENT 1
- Southwestern blasted Centenary in the first inning, scoring five runs to take an early commanding lead.
- With one run in the third and fourth innings and two in the fifth Southwestern's defense took care of the rest to secure the win.
GAME 2: SU 4 – CENT 3
- Once again Southwestern got out to a good start with two runs to start the second game and added a third in the second to lead 3-0.
- Centenary's bats came alive and scored two runs in the third to close the gap. The Ladies added one more in the sixth to tie the contest 3-3.
- Berkeley Bacon reached base after being hit by the pitch and was eventually brought home by Celeste Silvas.
- SU kept Centenary from even threatening in the top of the seventh to take the win.
- Taylor Curtis: 4-5, 2 doubles, 3 RBIs, 3 runs
- Amelia Fuchs: 3-6, 1 double, 1 homerun, 1 RBI, 3 runs
- Marissa Irvin: 3-6, 1 run, 1 RBI
- Karly Pustka: 3-6, 2 RBIs
- Chandler Smith: 0.00 ERA, 5 innings, 6 hits, 1 run, 2 strikeouts
Southwestern improves to 9-9 on the year and 2-4 in the SCAC after the wins. They close out the series with a double header on Sunday beginning at noon.