GEORGETOWN, Texas – Taylor Carnes had a banner day at the plate, going 3-3 in game one and
HOW IT HAPPENED
- A two-run homerun shot with one out in the first gave the Saints and early 2-0 lead.
- In the second Southwestern used a huge two-out rally to take the lead 3-1 and added another in the third to lead 4-2.
- Both teams plated one in the fourth and OLLU tied the game 5-5 in the fifth on another Doege two-run shot.
- The Pirates exploded in the sixth for five runs to take a commanding 10-5 lead.
- Southwestern gave to two in the top of the seventh but got the outs they needed to take game one 10-7.
- Carnes continued her streak in game two, blasting a shot over the left field fence in the second inning to give Southwestern their first run.
- Amelia Fuchs doubled to right center, driving in Carnes and Taylor Curtis, extending SU's lead to 3-0.
- Freshman pitcher Isabella Robb was nearly untouchable in the contest and brought home the shutout win, allowing just two hits.
- Taylor Carnes: 5-6, 4 runs, 1 homerun, 3 RBI, 1.333 slugging percentage
- Taylor Curtis: 4-7, 3 runs, 1 double, 1 triple
- Celeste Silvas: 4-7, 2 run, 1 double, 2 RBI
- Isabella Robb: 0.00 ERA, 7 innings, 2 hits, 3 walks, 3 strikeouts, .087 opponent batting average.
Southwestern (4-4) heads to Florida to face four teams in the Florida Games beginning with Lyndon State (0-0) on Friday at 9 am EST.