LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Occidental used a steady stream of goals to defeat Southwestern 16-5 Monday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Occidental opened the game with three goals in the first six and a half minutes before Kate Davis put SU on the board unassisted with 11:47 to play in the first half.
- By the end of the first Oxy had pushed their lead to seven, 9-2.
- Southwestern started well in the second half with back-to-back goals from Courtney Ragland and Katie Harris, but Occidental quickly matched the effort and excelerated offensively to arrive at the final.
- Brenna Jobb: 2 goals
- Allison Cook: 1 assist, 4 ground balls, 1 caused turnover
- Kate Davis: 1 goal, 5 ground balls, 3 caused turnovers
Southwestern falls to 5-4 on the year after dropping their third straight contest. They remain in California to face Whittier College on Wednesday at 6pm CST.