COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Southwestern scored seven first half goals and easily controlled the second half to defeat Northwestern-St. Paul at Colorado College Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Just 45 seconds into the game Southwestern took the lead as Kate Davis scored her first goal.
- UNW snuck in a goal five minutes before halftime to send Southwestern into the break up 7-1.
- The Pirates dominated the second half and quickly extended their lead to 12, 13-1 with 16 minutes to play.
- One UNW goal with under a minute to play put the game at the 13-2 final.
- Kate Davis: 3 goals, 2 assists, 6 ground balls, 6 draw controls, 1 caused turnover
- Emma Albin: 2 goals, 1 assist, 4 ground balls, 2 caused turnovers
- Brenna Jobb: 2 goals, 1 ground ball
- Kaitlyn Campbell: 2 goals
- Madison Godleski: 2 goals, 2 ground balls
Southwestern improves to 5-1 on the year and remain in Colorado Springs to face Colorado College on their home field on Sunday at noon MST.