GEORGETOWN, Texas – Southwestern started well but fell behind late in the first and were unable to regain the lead to lose their first game of the 2016 season 16-6 to Pacific.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Katie Harris got things rolling with the first goal of the game 24:55, but Pacific quickly tied it a minute later.
- Kate Davis' goal at the midpoint of the half handed Southwestern the lead back, but Pacific closed the half on a 5-2 run to lead 6-4 at the half.
- The Boxers opened the second half on a 4-1 run to extend their lead to five, 10-5, and outscored Southwestern 10-2 in the second.
- Kate Davis: 3 goals, 1 assist, 3 ground balls, 2 draw controls, 2 caused turnovers
- Allison Schmitt: 1 goal, 1 assist, 4 ground balls, 3 draw controls
- Courtney Ragland: 1 goal, 1 assist
Southwestern drops to 3-1 on the year and remain at home to face Wartburg (0-0) on Tuesday at 4 pm.