SHERMAN, Texas – After an impressive second quarter Southwestern's offense stalled, falling 69-59 to Austin College Friday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- A tight first quarter gave way to an AC run as the 'Roos owned the largest lead of the first half, ten points 23-13, with 6 minutes remaining in the second.
- Southwestern closed the half on a run and led by four, 35-31, at the break.
- Four minutes into the third quarter AC tied the game at 39 and led by one, 49-48, heading into the final quarter.
- SU couldn't get the big defensive stop they needed in the final quarter as Austin College sealed the game from the free throw line.
- Audrey Garcia: 17 points, 6-15 FG, 3-9 3PT, 5 rebounds, 4 assists
- Olivia Podaras: 16 points, 6-15 FG, 2-5 3PT, 5 rebounds
- Tori Carraway: 13 points, 5-7 FG, 9 rebounds
- Field goal: 35.1% (20-57)
- 3-point: 33.3% (6-18)
- Free throws: 8.7% (13-15)
- Rebounds: 42
- Turnovers: 19
- Austin College
- Field goal: 37.7% (23-61)
- 3-point: 31.6% (6-19)
- Free throws: 85.0 (17-20)
- Rebounds: 36
- Turnovers: 12
With two games remaining in the regular season Southwestern (7-15, 4-7) remains in fifth place in the SCAC. They head to Irving, Texas to face the University of Dallas (8-14, 3-9) Saturday at 6 pm.