SHREVEPORT, La. – Southwestern got off to a slow start, scoring just eight points in the opening quarter and were never able to rebound as they fell 65-48 to Centenary Friday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Centenary scored the first five points and led by as many as 10 in the first quarter.
- Southwestern turned things up a bit in the second quarter but still took a 10 point deficit into the locker room, 19-29.
- The Pirates were never able to get on a roll and were outscored 16-12 in the third and 20-17 in the fourth to fall 65-48.
- Madison Edwards: 12 points, 4 rebounds
- Tori Carraway: 12 points, 10 rebounds
- Kelsey Faykus: 11 points, 7 rebounds
- Field Goal: SU 31.1% (19-61), CENT 41.2% (21-51)
- 3-point: AU 18.8% (3-16), CENT 50.0% (6-12)
- Free throws: SU 53.8% (7-13), CENT 73.9% (17-23)
- Rebounds: SU 38, CENT 38
- Turnovers: SU 15, CENT 12
Southwestern falls to 7-11 on the year and 4-3 in the SCAC. They make the long road trip to Colorado Springs, Colo., to face Colorado College (2-17, 1-7) on Sunday at 2 pm MST.