GEORGETOWN, Texas – Southwestern started strong but fell on tough times offensively in the second half to drop their second SCAC game of the year.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Southwestern started the game on a 10-2 run and lead by nine points at the end of the first quarter, 20-11.
- The Pirates made just three field goals in the second quarter and went into halftime trailing 29-27.
- It was nearly six minutes into the third quarter before Southwestern scored again, allowing Austin College to extend their lead to 18.
- AC continued to roll as the Pirates stalled out offensively to drop the SCAC contest 63-48.
- Audrey Garcia: 22 points, 7-19 FG, 5-13 3PT, 3 steals
- Brianna Turney: 9 points, 4 rebounds
- Olivia Podaras: 8 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists
- Tori Carraway: 11 rebounds
- Field goals: SU 26.9% (18-67), AC 35.5% (22-62)
- 3-point: SU 26.3% (5-19), AC 42.9% (9-21)
- Free throws: SU 100% (7-7), AC 52.6% (10-19)
- Rebounds: SU 45, AC 47
- Turnovers: SU 20, AC 19
Southwestern drops to 3-10 on the year and 0-2 in the SCAC following the loss. They remain at home to face the University of Dallas (3-7, 0-2) on Saturday at 6 pm.