Posted: Nov 28, 2015
GEORGETOWN, Texas – Southwestern committed 33 turnovers in their 51-43 loss to Concordia.
- Despite 13 first quarter turnovers the Pirates still had a one-point advantage after the frame, leading 11-10.
- Southwestern was scoreless the first five minutes of the second quarter but once Madison Edwards broke the drought SU was rolling and trailed by just three, 27-24, at the break.
- After a brief run the Tornados closed the third quarter with a strong push to lead by seven, 39-32.
- The Pirates' offensive woes continued in the fourth as they never pulled closer than four points.
- Audrey Garcia: 18 points, 6-14 FG, 3-7 3-pt, 5 rebounds, 3 steals
- Tori Carraway: 12 rebounds, 9 points, 3 steals
- Olivia Podaras: 7 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks
- Field Goals: SU 31.3% (15-48), CTX 30.0% (18-60)
- 3-point: SU 38.5% (5-13), CTX 22.2% (4-18)
- Rebounds: SU 45, CTX 36
- Turnovers: SU 33, CTX 16
Southwestern falls to 0-5 on the year and have a quick turnaround as they face Louisiana College (0-1) Sunday at 2 p.m.