Hollard, Mich. – Back out on the road after a lengthy home stand the Pirates dropped their contest 14-5 to Hope College on Thursday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hope College dominated the first quarter and scored six unanswered goals.
- Hope scored one more goal before SU's Matt Amerie broke the drought with 5:38 remaining in the frame.
- Southwestern scored early in the third to cut into the lead, but Hope got rolling again to lead 10-2 at the end of the third.
- The Pirates scored three in the final frame but the deficit was too much to overcome as the game rolled to a close.
- Matt Amerie: 2 goals
- Jordan Riggs: 1 goal, 1 assist, 2 ground gall,1 caused turnover
- Matthew Montagne: 2 assists, 1 ground ball
- Dakota Skinner: 5 ground balls, 1 caused turnover
Southwestern drops to 6-6 on the year and remain on the road to face Alma College on Saturday at 3 pm CST.