GEORGETOWN, Texas – On a soggy night Southwestern men's lacrosse fell behind early and were unable to recover as they fell 14-3 to Trine University.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Trine rattled off six unanswered goals in the first quarter to lead big early.
- Matthew Montagne put the Pirates on the board to open the second quarter, but after trading goals Trine scored three straight to close the second and send SU into the locker room down 9-2.
- Trine controlled the second half as Southwestern could not get anything rolling.
- Matthew Montagne: 1 goal, 6 ground balls, 2 caused turnovers
- Parker Rankin: 1 goal, 4 ground balls
- Dakota Skinner: 4 ground balls, 3 caused turnovers
Southwestern drops to 4-4 on the season and close their home stand with a match-up against Kean University on Saturday at noon.