GEORGETOWN, Texas – Birmingham-Southern scored seven unanswered third quarter goals as Southwestern fell 13-7 at home Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- BSC shocked SU with a goal less than 30 seconds in and added another with 5:45 remaining in the first. Parker Rankin put Southwestern on the board with just 36 ticks left in the quarter to cut into the Panther lead 2-1.
- Everett Barger's goal with under a minute remaining in the first half knotted the game at 4-4 and the Pirates were unable to capitalize on a man-up opportunity to end the frame.
- A barrage of Panther goals opened the third quarter as BSC dominated the frame to lead 11-4 heading into the fourth quarter.
- Birmingham-Southern added two more goals early in the fourth, but the Pirates closed the game with a flourish with three goal in the final two minutes.
- Jordan Riggs: 2 goals, 3 shots, 1 ground ball
- Sean Smith: 5 ground balls
- Christopher Adams: 3 caused turnovers, 2 ground balls
- Charlie Fisher: 6 saves, 4 ground balls
Southwestern (2-2) stay in their home stand to host Millsaps College (2-1) on Friday at 7 p.m.