Four members of the Southwestern University Pirates football team were named to the 2019 National Football Foundation Hampshire Honor Society.
From the NFF press release:
IRVING, Texas (April 10, 2019) - The National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame (NFF) announced today the members of the 2019 NFF Hampshire Honor Society, which is comprised of college football players from all divisions of play who each maintained a cumulative 3.2 GPA or better throughout their college careers. An all-time high of 1,661 players from a record 426 schools qualified for membership in the society's 13th year.
Nominated by their respective schools, members of the NFF Hampshire Honor Society must
• Completed their final year of playing eligibility in 2018;
- Graduated players, who have remaining eligibility but will not return to collegiate play (e.g. declared for NFL Draft or retired from football), may also be nominated.
• Achieved a 3.2 cumulative grade point average throughout entire course of undergraduate
• Met all NCAA- or NAIA-mandated progress toward degree requirements.
• Been starters or significant contributors throughout the 2018 season.
For a complete list of players, click here.