Southwestern football ticket and tailgating information
GEORGETOWN – The Southwestern University Department of Athletics has announced additions to Game Day for Pirate football.
All of the changes have been to help make students, alumni and the fan experience at Pirate football more enjoyable. Some of the changes are listed below along with reminders of current tailgating and ticketing procedures. For a full list of tailgating policy click here.
- The Pirate Tailgating Area will now open at noon for all 7 p.m. kick-offs and at 8 a.m. for all 1 p.m. kick-offs.
- All ticket gates will now be open. Fans can enter through any of the three ticket gates at Birkelbach Field. Two north locations and one on the south end.
- For added convenience, additional parking will be available by the high school baseball field. Fans wishing to park by the baseball field may utilize the ticket window at the south end of Birkelbach Field.
- The pass gate will now be open at the west entrance under the press box. All football parents with passes, credentialed media, VIP passes, student workers and GISD workers must enter through this gate and show proper identification.
- The "Pirate Walk" will begin approximately two hours before kickoff. Head Coach Joe Austin and the Pirate football team will walk through the tailgate area entering at the west end and proceeding to the locker room area. Fans may gather along this route to wish players and coaches good luck before the game.
Southwestern University is happy to begin the tradition of tailgating at all home football games for the Pirates. We deeply appreciate the support that Georgetown ISD has given us, so help us make a great impression while we are on their grounds!
Also as a reminder, faculty, staff and students can pick up tickets beginning Wednesday, September 18. Tickets will be available for pick-up at the Corbin J. Robertson Center student proctor desk Wednesday and Thursday from 8 a.m.-11 p.m. and Friday, September 19 from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. ALL faculty, staff and students must present your SU Pirate Card to be issued tickets, as seats are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- Southwestern Students Receive: 1 Student General Admission Ticket
- Southwestern Faculty and Staff Receive: 2 Adult General Admission Tickets
- Children under the age of 2 years old do not require a ticket
- Additional tickets can be purchased the day of the game at the GISD stadium for $8.